Membership of a Professional Teaching Association entitles you to:
- Actively participate in curriculum development
- Be involved in network meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences
- Receive newsletters or journals and email updates
- Have access to resources and support networks
- Maintain and improve knowledge, skills and abilities
- Develop a professional and social network of colleagues
- Access to leadership and mentoring opportunities
- Improve your involvement in education decision making
Professional associations ... play an important role in enriching and enhancing the quality of teaching, curriculum support, educative leadership, and school development in general. - Schools Renewal Page 112
How to join a Professional Teaching Association
For information on joining a professional teachers association, please visit our Member Association websites. On these sites you will find more information about the work of particular associations, event information, resources and publications AND how to become a member of the association.
If a website link is not available, please contact the PTC NSW office stating the association you wish to communicate with and we will put you in touch with them.